Friday, September 23, 2011

How important is strut replacement for my car? ?

Recently I have noticed a click click noise from the front of my car. The other day I took it for an oil change and the guy told me to have the passenger side shocks checked, something about replacing the struts..... I called a place and was told they charge like 150 each, 250 for labor and another 80 for wheel alignment. What happens if I don't do it right away? Are they very important and need immediate attention? Because my car makes the noise only when I drive it for more then an hour. Any suggestion?
How important is strut replacement for my car? ?
The clicking noise is more likely a CV joint.

As for struts, the others seem to be right. They are very important, so drive conservatively till you get them done.

The price you were quoted seems high to me, so shop around before you commit to have them done.

I have seen struts done in two hours (all four), and I can find great shocks for 150 dollars a pair. Struts are one thing that I do not want original equipment for. I prefer Gabriel's or Monroe's. But a lot of store brands (NAPA and the like) are of the same quality as these.

Yes, get the shocks done and do not be surprised if you are told you need a CV axle when you do. Bargain with them before you say OK on this as a lot of the labor to replace the CV has been done at this point.
How important is strut replacement for my car? ?
Quality shocks %26amp; struts ensure safe, comfortable driving by helping tires keep their grip. Most people believe that shocks and struts are only necessary for improving a vehicle鈥檚 riding comfort. In fact, they do much more than that; their job is to help keep your tires firmly on the road.

Friction is your friend It鈥檚 important to understand that a vehicle鈥檚 ability to steer, brake and accelerate depends first and foremost on the adhesion, or friction, between the tires and the road. This adhesion is also referred to as the road holding capability of the vehicle, which is directly influenced by shock absorber or strut performance
thats very important. strut is basically the car that supports the car from falling flat onto the grownd. Think about it as the %26quot;legs%26quot; of the car. better get it fixedor you will literally lose a wheel on the highway.... and i am not kidding.
  • java
  • handling exceptions
  •