Friday, September 23, 2011

Do I need an alignment after replacing the front struts on my car?

I am changing out the front struts on my 2002 honda civic this weekend because the front right one is leaking. Someone told me a front end wheel alignment must be done afterwards or else the tires will wear fast. Is this true?
Do I need an alignment after replacing the front struts on my car?
usually, on modern strut cars, ANY work on the front suspenssion calls for an alignment. It's cheep insurence and does help prolong tire life!
Do I need an alignment after replacing the front struts on my car?
Yes, you will need to have the camber set which is the angle of the top and bottom of the wheel. Which will probably throw of your toe which is the front and back of your tire set in or out. and struts also effect caster which is the angle that the strut is set into the strut tower which helps the car wheels return to a straight driving after a turn.
Yes. After replacing the front struts an alignment needs to be done. If you have enough mileage on your car to require new struts then its time for an alignment anyway but after changing the struts then your alignment will be affected so yes have it should be done.