Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Issues with 2009 Nissan Rogue (One Year Old)?

I drive an year old Nissan Rogue and recently had three recall (CVT Noise related software update, Steering Column Assembly repair, TPMS Nuts) .I have noticed a few issues recently with my Rogue and they weren't there before.



1. Excessive vibration in D or R Position



My car now vibrates excessively whenever I engage either the forward (D) or reverse (R) gear from stand-still position. Same thing happens when I stop in traffic and the gear is in D position with brakes applied .Generally the vibrations tend to build in twenty seconds within coming to a stop and vary in intensity though they can be felt clearly specially with warm engine.This happens mostly in evenings.They can also be felt on the Steering Wheel. However the vibrations subside when the car starts moving or when I increase the rpm to above 900 revs/min.



The idling rpm is about 750 revs/min. This is when the car vibrates badly on D or R gears.

I know there may be one or many reasons for this like



- Engine Mount

- Transmission Mounts

- Motor Mounts

- Torque Converter

- Strut Bearing / Front Suspension Assembly

- Axle

- Steering Column Assembly

- Intake Boots and hoses

- Crank Case Vent Valve



and so on but I can not pin-point as to what is causing this issue and need help.





I had a somewhat similar issue before ( at that time it was excessive vibrations on passenger side) and when dealership changed Strut Bearing for a suspension related issue it was resolved.



2. Air Conditioner Noise : In defrost mode or when I switch AC on in Cool mode I hear a noise that wasn't there before.This noise is similar to a compressor noise but wasn't there before or probably was too faint to hear. When I switch to Heat mode the noise disappears.



3. Jerk /Lurch Forward while coming to a stop in D position



I know every car lurches a bit while coming to a stop from a drive mode. Though I noticed that in my Rogue this jerk is a bit more intense now a days.





I have been to the dealership and they say its normal to which I do not agree since the issues did not exists a month ago.

Any thought? What could be wrong here ? Thanks
Issues with 2009 Nissan Rogue (One Year Old)?
The recall was to address a rattle noise issue in the CVT gear box. Technician reprogramed the trans module TCM then engine control module ECM then cleared codes after that learned the idle speed IAVL. (idle air voloume relearn) Lurch forward when coming to a stop is a normal condition. Lurch is where the gear box comes off of coasting and back into lowest gear at slow speed just before the stop sign or traffic light. Vibrations most likely happen when the right hand motor mount has torn and that vibration is aggravated when the A/C compressor is turned on.. You may be listening to hard to your Rogue. 4 Cly engines vibrate more than 6 or 8 cyl motors.

Tire pressure monotor nuts, address a unlike metals corrosion issue.

Top steering rack hold down nut may have not been tightened properly that recall installs a lock plate after the rack nut is checked for tightness. Feel free to contact me off of this list jp.hudson@sbcglobal.net