Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima, and there is a clicking noise when i drive the car.?

The sound gets louder on rough roads. I have had my struts changed, front end aligment, and wheels balanced. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the issue maybe? I am not sure if it is a ball joint or a wheel bearing.
I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima, and there is a clicking noise when i drive the car.?
bad cv joint..does sound and feel change at high speed and on courners?? if not it may b ball joint
I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima, and there is a clicking noise when i drive the car.?
Ball joints.

Or tie rods.



Not CV joints. They'd make different lower tone noise. More of a clunky-clunky-clunky, not a clicky-clicky-clicky.



Does it make noise sitting still and turning the steering wheel? If so, I'm right.
I might need a little more information. Miles? And how the car is driven. Might be a little more descriptive about where and how the noise happens. Struts make a two way noise knock clunk. and click noise is almost always associated with Constant Velocity joints when turning and accelerating. Try this release the hood and see if the sound is different there is a safety catch don't drive over 40 miles an hour. Where do you notice the noise in the dash in the front end or behind you? all will help me with your clicking sound.
I agree the Cv joints may be worn.

I would check it out right away they can brake.

At best might just need grease.

be careful
  • ie hosted control
  • data into xsds
  •