Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hi All! would it be advisable to change my struts myself?Or pay a garage its a 94 tempo thanks.?

HI is it possible to change them at my buddies or should i get the garage to do the job thanks for your advice.Dont want to start something i cant finish.
Hi All! would it be advisable to change my struts myself?Or pay a garage its a 94 tempo thanks.?
You can do it. Borrow/rent a strut compression tool from the parts store (Auto Zone or Checker, etc), get a Haynes or Chilton's manual for your car, and be careful. It's hard work, but will save you lots of money.
Hi All! would it be advisable to change my struts myself?Or pay a garage its a 94 tempo thanks.?
If in doubt, don't. Yeah, it's possible, but only if you know what you're doing. I'd take it in, just to be safe.