Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Strut help,,Sisters Crapp'n Volvo?

So my sister has a Volvo that I looked at for her. It makes that rattling sound over bumps on Front Pass-side only. I got on the Pass-side and violently shook the car. The Front Pass-side center strut shaft bobs up and down about an 3\4 inch.



Would do you think,, it's the whole strut or strut bushing?



She had the Driver side Only, strut bushing changed,, Yea I got on to her about that crap. They told here the Driver-side strut looked fine.



I know the easy thing to do, take it to a Pro,, but things are crazy right now. I've done a couple complete struts\bushings changes before, but Money is a little tight now for her.



P.S. Both tires have equal amount of wear on the outside. She wants to get the noise fixed before a front-end Alignment.



Thanks for helping,,,, My head hurts
Strut help,,Sisters Crapp'n Volvo?
sounds like the top strut mount needs to be replaced
Strut help,,Sisters Crapp'n Volvo?
yes it a rule if you change one change both,,,but i try , to put new bushing on it an see if that help,, too it might just need to be tighting down,,,, also look at the tire end,,,they could be a lot of the troublem
my 850 turbo volvo strut made crazy noise...it turn out to be top bushing mount but I had both strut and bushing replace. Just for time and effort to replace both at same time
i doubt it that the strut is bad.just replace the bolt,and try that.it could be the bushing.did you try shaking the strut,to see it shakes?