Friday, September 23, 2011

Whats the difference between the FE2 impala strut and the FE4 impala strut?

I have a 2001 impala ls with FE2 struts and a friend of mine has a 2004 impala ss with FE4 struts. His ride is smoother that mine. Can I buy FE4 struts and put them on or will I need to change my entire suspension?
Whats the difference between the FE2 impala strut and the FE4 impala strut?
His ride also has different springs and front swaybar. The difference is more dampining ability. (Takes bumps better,more absorbtion) but you will also need to swap the springs and swaybar. Also his car has 17%26quot; wheels and tires. So why dont you just upgrade to a better strut form a different maufacturer rather than replace all that. It would be cheaper.
Whats the difference between the FE2 impala strut and the FE4 impala strut?
whell to me its the suspension thats the difference and i do think u can bye the fe4 strut and put them on your fe2