Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have a 01 Civic I bought brand new it has 130000 miles. should I have the shocks/struts changed?

No,unless car bottom out,hit hard when over holes and bumps,or sign of oil leaks around strut housing.
I have a 01 Civic I bought brand new it has 130000 miles. should I have the shocks/struts changed?
No need unless they are showing signs of wear - for example car not settling properly if you bounce the corners.



Ask your garage to check - won't take them 5 minutes.
I have a 01 Civic I bought brand new it has 130000 miles. should I have the shocks/struts changed?
No, not if the car isn't bottoming out on rolling roads or the tires show shock absorber cupping wear. Instead, make sure you've change the timing belt or engine damage can occur when it breaks. Change the water pump and idler pulley at the same time.
Motorist Assurance Program guidelines recommend replacing OE shocks and struts at 50,000 miles because independent testing has revealed by that mileage braking distances will increase and handling capability will be reduced measurably.



ASE Certified Automotive Service Manager
YES IF YOU ARE GOING TO KEEP THE CAR BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE A MUCH BETTER RIDE.
  • msdn
  • Where I can find nice modern comforters
  •