Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Can somebody help? Or give me some advise on struts?

I changed the strut on the driver's side of the front tires on my 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager and now I am hearing noise when it hits bumps.. I put a new insulator on the bottom end of the spring but still getting this noise. It sounded like the spring hitting against the metal plate of the shock. But not really sure.. Can somebody tell me why it does that? Or perhaps some advice to correct the problem?
Can somebody help? Or give me some advise on struts?
You could have an upper insulator bad, or installed wrong. If you have everything installed right, check your inner sway bar bushings. Stand on the driver's side of the car and put your hands on the top of the door. Rock the car side to side easy while someone checks the bushings. I've seen three Chrysler vans with bad inner bushings lately.
Can somebody help? Or give me some advise on struts?
sorry, i thought this question was about strutting - in which case my teacher could have helpd you!



as for your question: it sounds like your spring is hitting the top hat as the spring is not held captive, tighten the nut on the top and if the spring is still not captive, your strut is too long
sounds like you didn't tighten the nut all the way down. you should be able to see if its loose by bouncing the car by hand.