Thursday, October 6, 2011

Is it a good idea to change my original struts, coil spring, and mounts on my 1995 Nissan Quest XE? ?

My 1995 Nissan Quest currently still has the same original struts, coil spring, and mounts for 14 years already (I bought my quest in 1994 as a 1995 year model). My 95 quest currently has about 98,500. Every time I turn in to an intersection or i pull into my driveway or if i go through a speed bumb i hear some time of squeaky noises.



Please someone tell me if i have to change my struts.



oh and one more thing which brand of struts should i get monroe or gabriel? Which brand is better?
Is it a good idea to change my original struts, coil spring, and mounts on my 1995 Nissan Quest XE? ?
They the factory will say yes.But if your front end does not sag,springs are good,if the front end does not bounce more than once when bouncing it by hand,then the shocks are good ,plus if there is no signs of a leak .But the squeak could be the mounts,not only of the struts,but also check the lower control arm,any sway bar bushings they could be worn.Plus check out the upper and lower ball joints,tie rod ends for play..If you do not have a shimmy then there is a good chance the joints and tie rods are good,,But check it out any way...Both are good brands I prefer Monroe