Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grinding noise at front end..?

Ive got this horrible noise comming from my front end. It sounds like grinding coming from one of the wheels, but I doubt its the bearing Nor the cv because I recently changed both. Ive got a 2000 with about 114K on it. Ive had another recent problem with it, off topic, but its with the suspension. Whenever I go over even the slightest bump, it would sound like the whole damn car was falling apart. I changed my struts, that made it a bit better, then I changed my swaybar links, that too helped, but there is still a mean sound when going over bumps. I plan on changing the balljoints when I have a chance. after that, I cant think of what could be making that specific sound. But with all of that, came this horrible grinding noise. I have it even when my tires are straight(Maybe something with the brakes? Too tight?) I noticed that one of the bolts from the back of the calipers are missing, I plan on taking care of that tomorrow morning, till then Im just braking carefully. Could that be the problem, since only one bolt is on, its tighter than the other, causing the grinding noise? I also have noticed that it gets a bit louder when I am turning. Do the brakes tighten up during a turn? When I accelerate, like from a stop light, the grinding is only audible for the beginning, then it goes away after about 10 mph. Does anyone have any comment about this?
Grinding noise at front end..?
it's most likely that your front brake pads have worn out and are grinding against the disc, metal to metal

,.,.,
Grinding noise at front end..?
you might of hit a curb or something it probably messed your suspension up i would get your tires aliened
with just 1 bolt in the caliper then it can bind and not release the pads away from the rotor which will burn up the pads.